Call or contact an experienced estate planning attorney: 706-884-3155
Your heirs are counting on you to plan properly. Doing so is more than "getting a will drawn up." Consider:
- Are your life insurance policies and bank accounts titled so that they work in accordance with your will?
- Have you taken steps to minimize capital gains tax if your spouse needs to sell property after you die?
- Is your IRA or 401(k) titled such that your heirs can continue to enjoy tax savings after they inherit it?
- Have you taken steps to ensure your child's ex-spouse doesn't "inherit" a portion of your estate?
- Have you properly ensured that a young heir will not squander his/her inheritance?
- Have you provided for the weeks, months, or years toward the end of your life during which you may be incompetent to manage your financial affairs?
- Will your estate be devastated by estate taxes?
- Have you provided for beneficiaries with special needs?
- Have you taken into account the possibility of one of your heirs petitioning for year's support and defeating your plan?
These questions are among the many that most individuals (and the majority of lawyers!) do not consider when "doing your will." Having a qualified estate planning attorney address your unique, personal situation is essential to ensuring your heirs
TANNER PITTMAN, LLC is a law firm that specializes in estate planning. As we will not bill "by the hour" for most estate plans, you may comfortably take time to craft and talk through a plan that best suits your needs for a reasonable flat fee. Contact us today for an initial consultation, typically at no charge.